The International Criminal Tribunal for the former Yugoslavia (ICTY) and Mechanism for International Criminal Tribunals ( MICT ) will be hosting a joint Open Day on Sunday, 24 September from 11:00-17:00. This year’s Open Day marks the final opportunity to visit the ICTY, as the Tribunal is set to close its doors at the end of this year.
The ICTY/MICT Open Day is part of The Hague International Day, which offers the public a chance to take a look behind the scenes of the International City of Peace and Justice by visiting the Tribunal and other international organisations in the city. At Open Day, there will be opportunities to interact with Judges and other key staff members, view new documentaries produced by the ICTY Outreach Programme, and explore art exhibitions and Archives materials.
Speakers (with Q&A sessions) for the day include:
• ICTY President Judge Carmel Agius
• MICT President Judge Theodor Meron
• Judge Christoph Flügge , ICTY and MICT
• Judge Alphons Orie, ICTY and MICT
• Registrar Olufemi Elias, MICT
• Michelle Jarvis, Deputy to the ICTY/ MICT Prosecutor
• Ana Cristina Rodriguez Pineda,Chef de Cabinet, ICTY
• Bob Reid, Chief of Operations, ICTY/ MICT Office of the Prosecutor
Events will be held throughout the day at the ICTY and MICT premises, located in the same building at Churchillplein 1, 2517 JW The Hague.
To register for the ICTY/ MICT Open Day, please send a confirmation email to Colleen Luibrand at firstname.lastname@example.org by Friday 22 September 2017.